Monday, June 3, 2013

The best iced coffee mocha banana drink you can make at home!

Just so you know - Dunkin Donuts is my favorite coffee.  It was close to 90 degrees yesterday and I was trying to get some of my gardening done.  Lunch time rolled around and while I was hungry, I didn't want anything hot or heavy.  And I really needed some coffee.  I had brewed some DD french vanilla coffee that I had in the fridge and was nice and cold.  And I had some frozen banana so I decided to experiment.  Let me tell you - this frozen coffee drink is AWESOME!   

This drink does take some prep work.  Make your coffee and put in in the fridge to cool. 


Slice up a banana (hint, sprinkle the slices with a packet of Splenda -  not only is this the sweetner you will use, but it helps keep the slices separated so you don't end up with a frozen blob of banana slices.) Now put those slices in the freezer. 


I used my reusable DD cup for this.  I put crushed ice up the the bottom pink line on the cup.  Then I added about 2 Tbls. of Hersheys Lite Chocolate Syrup.  Then I added my cold coffee and frozen banana slices. 


I then poured in unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze milk to fill and using my stick blender, turned the whole thing into a smoothie-like coffee dream!  


Of course I had to add one more swirl of chocolate syrup!  This was the perfect lite lunch and probably the BEST frozen coffee drink I have ever had.  This could easily be sugar free by using sugar free chocolate syrup.  A wonderful summer drink.  I am already prepping another for tomorrow's lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment